Fundraising and Communication Coordinator (Due 20th Oct. 2018)
Fundraising and Communication Coordinator
Samata Foundation is a leading think tank committed towards marginalized community through research and evidence based policy advocacy. Established in 2009, Samata has been widely recognized as a hub for Dalit studies and its contributions to enhancing equity, inclusion and rights of marginalized groups in Nepal and South Asia region.
A person interested to support the area of Research and Advocacy, Publication and Outreach, Human Rights and Justice and Leadership Development is encouraged to apply for a position of “Fundraising and Communication Coordinator” – 1 no.
· Research and solicit new sources of public, foundation, and corporate donors to support
existing programs and launch new initiatives;
· Develop and implement a strategy to create organization’s individual donor program,
including overseeing fundraising events;
· Help manage relationships and ongoing communication with existing donors and
supporters; as well as management and development of proposals and reports to public
and private donors;
· Bolster the organizations communications with its constituents through email, website
management, social media, community and ethnic media strategies, multi- lingual
collateral materials and grassroots outreach.
· Support the organizations policy advocacy work through media strategies and
communication with partner organizations, elected officials, and government agencies;
· Assist the Executive Chairperson with other special projects, as necessary.
· Minimum five years of experience of grant writing, fundraising and funding
management with proven track record;
· Extremely well organized and detail-oriented;
· Experience and ability to manage priorities and juggle multiple demands;
· Fluent in English and Nepali
· Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree with substantial experience can be
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
· Strong writing and editing skills in English language;
· Ability to work in a team
· Strategic and creative in approaches to fundraising
The employment category is time-based with 1 year employment initially with prospect of extension in the future. The position is Kathmandu-based with some visits outside of Kathmandu as demanded by the job. Remuneration is negotiable which is primarily determined by the years of experience of the applicant.
Female candidates and candidates from marginalized groups are given priority. Interested candidates can submit a CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th October 2018.